Listen to the sound crackling under your snowshoes as you hike through the Arctic wilderness. This snowshoeing activity brings travellers into the landscape. Experience heart-stopping views of Norwegian fjords, valleys and mountains. During your hike through the winter landscape we'll find the best place to enjoy your home-made meal. Relax and keep a look out for reindeer, eagles, ptarmigans, hares and other wildlife. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll bring you comfortably back to Tromso city centre.
Season: 1st November - 15th April
Duration: 4.5 hours
Group size: 4 - 8 pax
Minimum age: 6 years old
Meeting time: 09:50 in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel
Return: Drop off in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel.
Inclusions: Homemade sandwich with locally sourced ingredients, biscuits & hot chocolate, tripods, photos of the tour in web-sized resolution.
Safety considerations: The tour involves hiking; the conditions may be icey, slippery, uneven, muddy, snowy or otherwise. Please assess your ability to complete this activity.
- Our terms and conditions and our generous cancellation policy can be found here.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- All participants need to complete the eWaiver before the tour/activity start time. Here is the link to our waiver. It's one eWaiver per participant, no matter how many Wandering Owl activities you join.
- We suggest to download WhatsAPP before travelling to Norway. We prefer to use WhatsAPP or email when communicating with our guests. Remember to keep your phone handy on the day of the tour incase we need to make last minute changes or communicate with you.
- If there is no snow, or not much snow, we'll hike instead of snowshoe.
- It's a great idea to dress in layers, so as you warm up or cool down you can add and remove layers. We suggest: woolen base layer, woolen sweater, down mid layer and a shell or or windproof jacket as the final layer. Jeans, especially skinny jeans aren't windproof nor do they have any thermal qualities. High heels and fashion shoes are unsuitable.
- We never cancel simply because the forecast says it might be cloudy. We will make the decision on the route or other changes based on safety considerations.
- The activity varies every day of the season. Here is a link to our album to show you how different it can look depending on the environmental conditions at the time.
Don't forget to like, follow and tag @wanderingowl in owl your adventures with us.
- Make sure all guests/particpants complete our eWaiver before the activity, project or tour departure date: https://forms.office.com/r/Xrt2DEEeBF
- Information about the meeting location: The pick up location is in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel for all Wandering Owl supplied tours and all Wild Lab Projects activities and projects. Directions can be found here. There is no Wandering Owl or Wild Lab Prjects signage but it's easy to find. We ask that you arrive 5 - 10 minutes early, please arrive on time - we can not delay the departure for guests and participants that fail to arrive on time. Our guides and facilitators will arrive 5 minutes before the departure time because the vehicle can not be standing in this parking zone for longer than 10 minutes. If there is snow or traffic, the guides and facilitators might be slightly delayed.
- Please read our FAQ to be well prepared for your stay in Tromsø.
- We have merchandise available for purchase here.
- Would you like to learn more about the nonprofit that Wandering Owl has founded? Learn more about Wild Lab Projects here.
Always travel with travel insurance. Wandering Owl has a strict cancellation policy and no refunds are given if you can not attend the tour for circumstances outside Wandering Owls control such as flights, immigration or custom delays, or cruise docking being delayed, cancelled or missed etc.
SUITABILITY:Day Time, INTENSITY:Active, AGE:Adult, INTEREST:Special Interest, SKILL_LEVEL:Intermediate, SUITABILITY:Groups, INTEREST:Ecotourism, AGE:Teenager, AGE:Child, INTEREST:Sightseeing
Souvenir package worth NOK650
Map of Tromsø area
Postcard package (5)
Online Aurora Photography course
Make a donation Wild Lab Projects