Listen to the sound crackling under your snowshoes as you hike through the Arctic wilderness. This snowshoeing activity brings travellers into the landscape. Experience heart-stopping views of Norwegian fjords, valleys and mountains. During your hike through the winter landscape we'll find the best place to enjoy your home-made meal. Relax and keep a look out for reindeer, eagles, ptarmigans, hares and other wildlife. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll bring you comfortably back to Tromso city centre.
Season: 1st November - 15th April
Duration: 4 - 5 hours
Group size: 3 - 8 pax
Minimum age: 6 years old
Meeting time: 09:50 in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel
Return: Drop off in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel.
Inclusions: Homemade sandwich with locally sourced ingredients, biscuits & hot chocolate, tripods, photos of the tour in web-sized resolution.
Safety considerations: The tour involves hiking; the conditions may be icey, slippery, uneven, muddy, snowy or otherwise. Please assess your ability to complete this activity.
- Our terms and conditions and our generous cancellation policy can be found here.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- All participants need to complete the eWaiver before the tour/activity start time. Here is the link to our waiver. It's one eWaiver per participant, no matter how many Wandering Owl activities you join.
- We suggest to download WhatsAPP before travelling to Norway. We prefer to use WhatsAPP or email when communicating with our guests. Remember to keep your phone handy on the day of the tour incase we need to make last minute changes or communicate with you.
- If there is no snow, or not much snow, we'll hike instead of snowshoe.
- We never cancel simply because the forecast says it might be cloudy. We will make the decision on the route or other changes based on safety considerations.
- The activity varies every day of the season. Here is a link to our album to show you how different it can look depending on the environmental conditions at the time.
Don't forget to like, follow and tag @wanderingowl in owl your adventures with us.
SUITABILITY:Day Time, INTENSITY:Active, AGE:Adult, INTEREST:Special Interest, SKILL_LEVEL:Intermediate, SUITABILITY:Groups, INTEREST:Ecotourism, AGE:Teenager, AGE:Child, INTEREST:Sightseeing
Souvenir package worth NOK650
Map of Tromsø area
Postcard package (5)
Online Aurora Photography course
Make a donation Wild Lab Projects
Flexible rebooking & cancellation -18hrs before the departure time