Come with us for your Aurora hunt for an amazing experience underneath the Aurora Borealis. Senja is a great place to see the Northern Lights. Leave the villages behind and travel into the Arctic wilderness. During this activity, our small team of Aurora guides check the forecasts and use local knowledge to decide on the best place to chase the Northern Lights. When we find the best spot we will dress in warm thermal suits and boots, make a cosy campfire, and enjoy a homemade meal. During your Aurora Hunt activity you'll be shown how to use your camera, photograph the Aurora, and our guides will take photos of you, which are provided for free in web-sized resolution after the tour. Relax by the campfire with hot chocolate before being returned back to your Airbnb or hotel in south Senja. Increase your chances to see the Northern Lights by joining on multiple evenings.Season: 1st November - 15th April
Duration: 5 - 8 hours
Group size: This is a private tour, we can cater for 1 to 8 people. Please make a note at the time of booking how many people will be participating.
Minimum age: 6 years old (please assess your child's comfort & safety for this activity)
Meeting time: 17:50 at your accommodation in south Senja
Return: Drop off at your accommodation in south Senja
Inclusions: Thermal suits & boots (adult sizes only), warm homemade soup, biscuits & hot chocolate, tripods, photos of the tour in web-sized resolution.
Safety considerations: The tour involves some walking (at least 200m); the conditions may be icy, slippery, uneven, muddy, snowy, or otherwise. The temperatures may be extremely cold (sometimes below -20°C) so please ensure you are wearing appropriate clothing underneath your thermal suit.
- Our terms and conditions and our generous cancellation policy can be found here.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- All participants need to complete the eWaiver before the tour/activity start time. Here is the link to our waiver. It's one eWaiver per participant, no matter how many Wandering Owl activities you join.
- We suggest to download WhatsAPP before travelling to Norway. We prefer to use WhatsAPP or email when communicating with our guests. Remember to keep your phone handy on the day of the tour incase we need to make last minute changes or communicate with you.
- We never cancel simply because the forecast says it might be cloudy. You can learn more about this by reading our Northern Light blog category here.
- The activity varies every night of the season. Here is a link to our album to show you how different it can look depending on the environmental conditions at the time.
Don't forget to like, follow and tag @wanderingowl in owl your adventures with us.
AGE:Adult, ACCESSIBILITY:Asthmatic, INTEREST:Special Interest, SUITABILITY:Family, INTEREST:Ecotourism, AGE:Teenager, INTENSITY:Active, SUITABILITY:Night Time, SUITABILITY:Groups, SKILL_LEVEL:Beginner, AGE:Child, INTEREST:Cultural, SUITABILITY:Only Adults, TYPE:Tour
Flexible rebooking & cancellation
Postcard package (5)
Child seat needed
Make a donation Wild Lab Projects
Online Aurora Photography course
Special Night Package