This night trip to the wilderness of the north on a quest for the best spot to see the northern lights. We will drive away from the city light pollution to different destinations, depending on the weather conditions. Constantly checking the forecasts, which are updated hourly, we will decide the route based on our knowledge of the area. In the region there are many different microclimates, so there is the possibility to find clear skies even when it is cloudy in Tromsø, sometimes driving all the way to the Finnish border. After the pick-up, we will make a first stop to dress up with thermal suits, make a short introduction to set up your cameras and give you some photography tips. Then we’ll start the hunt! Once we find the best spot to enjoy the aurora borealis, we’ll stop and wait for their appearance. If the conditions allow it, we can make a bonfire. Then it's time to relax, have a warm home-made meal, get to know each other, enjoy and photograph the amazing nature with northern lights in the sky. During the trip your guide will help you with your camera and will take additional photos, which will be shared after the trip in web-sized resolution. When the time comes, we will bring you back to Tromsø and you will get a ride directly to your hotel. Increase your chances to see the Northern Lights: The eager chaser
(max 8 per staff)
Sep 15th - March 25th
from March 26th
(vegetarian/vegan/gluten- and lactosefree options)
1050 NOK (6-12 yrs)
Are you in?
Here is your activity map!
We pick you up
in the city centre at 6:00 PM
We set off
looking for the best spot
We will enjoy a delicious meal
around a bonfire, share experiences and stories, and hopefully the northern lights will make their appearance
We bring you back happy, safe and sound to your hotel
Good to know
- Thermal suits, warm winter boots, mittens, tripods, head torches, photography tips, pictures of the tour in web-size resolution & Aurora portrait sent by email. Wi-Fi in the car.
- Our minimum boot size is EU36.
- Make sure you wear a warm base layer, winter clothes including warm shoes, a hat, mittens, a scarf and woollen socks.
- Be prepared for limited toilet possibilities, we will make a gas station stop during the drive... otherwise the forest is always available!
- Remember to charge the battery of your camera and if possible have an extra one with you.
- Don't bring unnecessary luggage, since there is limited storage place in the car
- Take your passport or an ID with you in case we need to drive all the way to Finland to hunt the lights.
If you have any questions or want to contact us click on the icon.
You will access our extensive knowledge base, where you most likely will find your answers instantly.