Come with us for your Aurora hunt for an amazing experience underneath the Aurora Borealis. Tromsø is the best place to see the Northern Lights. Leave the light pollution in Tromso behind and travel into the Arctic wilderness. During this activity, our small team of Aurora guides check the forecasts and use local knowledge to decide on the best place to chase the Northern Lights. When we find the best spot we will dress in warm thermal suits and boots, make a cosy campfire and enjoy a home made meal. During your Aurora Hunt activity you'll be shown how to use your camera, photograph the Aurora and our guides will take photos of you, which are provided for free in web sized resolution after the tour. Relax by the campfire with a hot chocolate before being returned back to Tromso island to your hotel. Increase your chances to see the Northern Lights: The eager chaser
(max 8 per staff)
Sep 15th - March 25th
from March 26th
(vegetarian/vegan/gluten- and lactosefree options)
1050 NOK (6-12 yrs)
Are you in?
Here is your activity map!
We pick you up
in the city centre at 6:00 PM
We set off
looking for the best spot
We will enjoy a delicious meal
around a campfire & hopefully the Aurora Borealis will make an appearance
We bring you back happy, safe and sound to your hotel on Tromsø island
Good to know
- Thermal suits, warm winter boots, tripods, head torches, photography tips, pictures of the activity in web-size resolution & Aurora portrait sent by email. Wi-Fi in the vehicles.
- Our minimum boot size is EU36.
- Easy! Guests must be able to walk 200m.
- Expect uneven terrain that may be snowy, icey or muddy.
- The Arctic wilderness is unpredictable, it can be cold, windy, snowy or rainy. Please be prepared for all possibilities
- Make sure you wear a warm base layer, winter clothes including warm shoes, a hat, mittens, a scarf and woollen socks.
- Be prepared for limited toilet facilities, we will make a gas station stop during the drive... otherwise the forest is always available!
- Remember to charge the battery of your camera and if possible have an extra one with you.
- Don't bring unnecessary luggage, there is limited storage place in the car
- Take your passport or an ID with you in case we need to drive all the way to Finland to hunt the lights.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking.
If you have any questions or want to contact us click on the icon.
You will access our extensive knowledge base, where you most likely will find your answers instantly.