Listen to the sound crackling under your snowshoes as you hike through the Arctic wilderness. This snowshoeing activity brings travellers into the landscape. Experience heart-stopping views of Norwegian fjords, valleys and mountains. During your hike through the winter landscape we'll find the best place to enjoy your home-made meal. Relax and keep a look out for reindeer, eagles, ptarmigans, hares and other wildlife. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll bring you comfortably back to Tromso city centre.
Season: 1st November - 30th April
Duration: 4 - 5 hours
Group size: 3 - 8 pax
Minimum age: 6 years old
Meeting time: 09:50 in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel
Return: Drop off in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel.
Inclusions: Homemade sandwich with locally sourced ingredients, biscuits & hot chocolate, tripods, photos of the tour in web-sized resolution.
Safety considerations: The tour involves hiking; the conditions may be icey, slippery, uneven, muddy, snowy or otherwise. Please assess your ability to complete this activity.
Additional Safety Considerations relevant for winter season 2020/21:
Wandering Owl has a duty of care to protect the health and safety of our team, our guests and to do our part are responsible community members. For this reason we have implemented the following standards in all our tours. Please read them before booking, by providing payment you have confirmed that you agree and understand these standards:
- Thermal suits are not provided on the tour. As thermal suits promote the spread of the virus and put our guides and logistics team at additional risk. If you wish to hire thermal suits, please get in touch with our office to enquire.
- Mittens, scarfs and beanies are not provided for guests, please bring your own.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask at all times on tour. These will not be provided by Wandering Owl and must be provided by the guest. Please bring them with you from your home country as Tromso is a small city with limited PPE resources that are meant for the local population.
- Guests must not come within 1m of our team or other guests not travelling with them.
- Our offices will be closed for walk in traffic for this season. Please call or email in advance for us to arrange appropriate precautions for those who wish to enter the office. This precaution is to ensure the health and safety of our team.
For more information please see this post: Planning your Aurora Holiday during COVID-19.
After booking: After you book this activity you will be sent an immediate email with a link, this link contains some important questions regarding food preferences, equipment, allergies, contact details, and other important information we need from you in order to provide the best possible service for you. We ask that you complete the questions on the link as soon as you can, please allow about 5 - 10 minutes to complete this.
SUITABILITY:Day Time, INTENSITY:Active, AGE:Adult, INTEREST:Special Interest, SKILL_LEVEL:Intermediate, SUITABILITY:Groups, INTEREST:Ecotourism, AGE:Teenager, AGE:Child, INTEREST:Sightseeing
Flexible rebooking & cancellation