Come with us for your Aurora hunt for an amazing experience underneath the Aurora Borealis. Tromsø is the best place to see the Northern Lights. Leave the light pollution in Tromsø behind and travel into the Arctic wilderness. During this activity, our small team of Aurora guides check the forecasts and use local knowledge to decide on the best place to chase the Northern Lights. When we find the best spot we will dress in warm thermal suits and boots, make a cosy campfire, and enjoy a homemade meal. During your Aurora Hunt activity you'll be shown how to use your camera, photograph the Aurora, and our guides will take photos of you, which are provided for free in web-sized resolution after the tour. Relax by the campfire with hot chocolate before being returned back to Tromsø island to your hotel. Increase your chances to see the Northern Lights by joining on multiple evenings.Season: 15th September - 15th April
Duration: 5 - 8 hours
Group size: 8 - 15 pax (Minimum of 3 adults to confirm the tour)
Minimum age: 6 years old (please assess your child's comfort & safety for this activity)
Meeting time: 17:50 in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel
Return: Drop off to your accommodation on Tromsøya (Tromsø Island) only.
Inclusions: Thermal suits & boots (limited child sizes, please contact us for more information), warm homemade soup, biscuits & hot chocolate, tripods, photos of the tour in web-sized resolution.
Safety considerations: The tour involves some walking (at least 200m); the conditions may be icy, slippery, uneven, muddy, snowy, or otherwise. The temperatures may be extremely cold (sometimes below -30) please ensure you are wearing appropriate clothing underneath your thermal suit.
- Our terms and conditions and our generous cancellation policy can be found here.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- All participants need to complete the eWaiver before the tour/activity start time. Here is the link to our waiver. It's one eWaiver per participant, no matter how many Wandering Owl activities you join.
- We suggest to download WhatsAPP before travelling to Norway. We prefer to use WhatsAPP or email when communicating with our guests. Remember to keep your phone handy on the day of the tour incase we need to make last minute changes or communicate with you.
- We never cancel simply because the forecast says it might be cloudy. You can learn more about this by reading our Northern Light blog category here.
- The activity varies every night of the season. Here is a link to our album to show you how different it can look depending on the environmental conditions at the time.
Don't forget to like, follow and tag @wanderingowl in owl your adventures with us.
ACCESSIBILITY:Asthmatic, AGE:Adult, SUITABILITY:Gift Voucher, CATEGORY:Eco-Tours, INTEREST:Special Interest, INTEREST:Ecotourism, AGE:Teenager, AGE:Senior, INTENSITY:Active, SUITABILITY:Night Time, SUITABILITY:Groups, SKILL_LEVEL:Beginner, AGE:Child, SUITABILITY:Any Weather, INTEREST:Cultural, TYPE:Tour
Postcard package (5)
Online Aurora Photography course
Flexible rebooking & cancellation
Map of Tromsø area
Make a donation Wild Lab Projects
Special Night Package