Leave the beaten tracks behind and immerse yourself in the long polar night. If the sky is clear and if the stars are out you may even see the Northern Lights! Listen to the silence and feel what the Arctic winter and polar night is all about. This winter activity gives adventurous travelers the chance to experience snow shoeing or hiking under a billion stars, the moon and may be even the Northern Lights! The most intimate beauty is revealed to the most adventurous night owls. This night time activity includes a warm home-made meal, thermal suits and boots and snowshoes. Your guide will take photos of your activity and share them with you after the tour in web-sized resolution. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll take you back to your hotel on Tromso island. Make the most of your vacation in Tromso: The Complete Owl Adventure.
Wed & Sun
Are you in?
Here is your activity map!
We pick you up
in the city centre at 6:00 PM
Let's reach our destination
into the wild
Touch the snow
sense the fresh air on your skin, if it is not cloudy you can look at the stars maybe spot some northern lights!
We bring you back happy, safe and sound to your hotel
Good to know
- Snow shoes and poles, a backpack, mittens; thermal suits & warm winter boots. A backpack with a warm home-made meal. Photography tips, pictures of the tour sent by email. Wi-Fi in the car.
- Our minimum snowshoe size is EU36.
- MODERATE - it can include hiking on flat terrain or on a small mountain, the hike at night is slightly more tireing than at day, because of the heavier equipment.
- Make sure you wear a warm base layer, winter clothes including a hat, mittens, a scarf and woollen socks.
- You should wear good and warm winter boots, if not, we will provide them.
- Be prepared for limited toilet possibilities, we will make a gas station stop during the drive...otherwise the forest is always available!
- Remember to charge the battery of your camera and if possible have an extra one with you.
- Don't bring unnecessary luggage, since there is limited storage place in the car.
- Please be aware that we can not guarantee clear skies and stars. The activity will not be cancelled due to cloudy conditions.
- Always travel with travel insurance.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking.
If you have any questions or want to contact us click on the icon.
You will access our extensive knowledge base, where you most likely will find your answers instantly.